Thursday, January 26, 2006

MOLD!

well...the project keeps getting bigger and costing more money. We (I mean Rob) pulled up the tile in the kitchen last night so that we could start tiling this weekend. Well...we found mold under the tile where the fridge was. It just keeps getting better and better!! Now we have to take out the cupboards and counter and replace the rotten wood under there as well. Which just adds more time to this originally very short, small project!!
So...we decided that Rob would stay home and work and I will be going to the retreat alone. I am not very excited about it...I would rather be with Rob on our weekend off from the kids...but we also don't want moldy floor around our kids either. Rob insists that I go and have fun...so i guess I will (sigh).
Melissa

2 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

Maybe it's time to write a letter to Extreme Makeover!

That really stinks. Like my sister said on my blog today "the joys of owning your own house".

Just remember all those years you scrimped and saved to get to this point!

I hope you're able to enjoy the retreat and that Rob is able to get a lot of work done. You really don't want to mess around when it comes to mold.

Melissa said...

Extreme Makeover!!
What a great idea!!