Thursday, January 05, 2006

Michael

It has been awhile since I have put in a update of Michael, so I thought I would today. He is doing amazingly well. He has been assesed by the hospital a few times and they are amazed at his progress. He no longer needs any physical therapy...he is walking on his own without a walker. During the holiday season he passed out 600 small candy canes to people in the hospital!!
Right now thay are trying to get him into a center that will start therapy on his mind. He is doing well but there are some things that still concern Kelly and the doctors. He has turned very stubborn and when he does not get his way he acts a lot like a child. He tries to bully Kelly into things and then tries to make her feel guilty and punish her for it. He tries to manipulate her to get what he wants...he really wants to come home from hospital.
Please continue to pray for him. He is getting depressed at the hospital but is still not ready to be home full time. He is threatening to sign himself out which means he won't get his meds and that is very dangerous. Please pray for more healing...for his depression and for Kelly to have the strangth to deal with it all!
Thanks
Melissa

2 comments:

Christina said...

Melissa:
I know I've told you this in person, but I do want to tell you again that I have not forgotten about Michael. We remember him every morning in our prayer time at work. Thank you for this update. I will continue to pray for his ongoing healing.
Christina

Melissa said...

thank you Christina!
Melissa