Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back to work!!

Well, the holidays are over and it is back to work today! I took advantage of the 10 days off and slept in every one of them...some days until after 10:00!!! It helped that the kids slept at Mom and Dad's for a total of 5 nights over the break!!

Some highlights of the holidays:

*Christmas Eve service was really nice. Our neighbours, who do not attend church at all, came with us again.

*Christmas day was awesome. The kids had a really great time. They were spoiled again by everyone. Emily's "Santa" gifts were a pixal chick and a Bratz phone for her room. Noah got a robot and a pirate ship K'Nex set. He played with that all Christmas day...well, in between playing his new Lego Star Wars game for game cube!!

* Rob gave me the cell phone that I wanted...not the one he wanted!! Thanks babe! He also gave me a new housecoat that feels like I am putting on Heaven after the shower!!

* Had a great time with my Aunt, Uncle and cousin who came down for the holidays. Although my aunt was a little crazy at the Family skate on boxing day!!

* Started using our new tread mill that we bought ourselves just before Christmas. It is awesome. I love running but don't feel comfortable on the ice or in the dark by myself. This way I can get up before the kids arrive and get in my run!!

* On Tuesday we made our annual trip to Leons. Last year we bought a new fridge. This year we bought a washer and dryer. My dryer has been dying. I have to run it 3 times to get the clothes dry. Not good for the hydro bill!!

* Spent time with good friends...eating brunch...playing games...hanging out!!

* News Years was spent with my brother and sister in law and my parents. The kids got to stay up till midnight for the first time. They both did really well. Noah told us the next day that he was getting tired until I brought out the snacks around 10:00pm...that got him going he said!!

* Overall a very realxing holiday. We ate way too much... but with the tread mill we felt that was ok!

I hope your holiday was lots of fun. What was your favorite part??

Melissa

1 comment:

Sue Matthews said...

My favourite part was watching Darcy get so excited over every present she got, whether it was a toy, or clothes. She didn't care. On boxing day morning, she wanted to put on a new pair of pants and a new dress over her pyjamas. Funny stuff. She loved her new toys and books too.

My least favourite part was having our flight home from Montreal cancelled after we'd already been sitting on the plane for over an hour. Not cool. Travelling with a toddler is not fun.

I'm glad to hear you had a great Christmas.