Monday, May 29, 2006

Good Weekend

We had a busy weekend and Rob and I spent very little of it together. Friday night was spent doing errands and having Subway for dinner. Saturday morning, I left at 6:45 for Toronto with my Mom and Dad. We had a family 50th wedding anniversary to attend. Rob decided to stay homw tih the kids so they could go to thier swimming lessons. It was also a lot of time in the car that they kids would not have appreciated.
We arrived at Ian and Lauren's place at 11:00 where we quickly changed and then packed all 5 of us in the car for another 2 hours. (Have I mentioned yet that I hate being in the car?) We then spend 3 hours at this anniversary party. I must admit the first 2 hours were kinda slow. It did pick up at the end when we actually got to talk to some family. These are people we have not seen for about 8 years. It was good for my Mom to be able to reconnect.
We got back in the car then and drove back to Toronto where we met up with My Aunt Dorothy, Uncle Al and Stephanie at Lone Star. A good meal was had...by me anyway...Mom and Dad did not enjoy thiers. We spent the night at Ian and Lauren's and then after a very yummy breakfast made by Lauren we returned to Ottawa.
The kids met me at the door wanting to go for a bike ride, so we rode to the park and then to Wendy's for dinner.
The kids and Rob survivied without me...although they did not eat dinner until 10:00 pm on Saturday!!!!!!! Shocking!
It was good to get home and be with them again.
Thanks for all your driving Dad...next time I will tell Mom I saw the dead animal too!
Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In order to see the animals you have to stay awake or sit in the front seat. It was nice spnding time with the family.

Dad