Friday, June 02, 2006

Funky

I am a little nervous about tonight. Rob's company...McMillan...is having thier 10th anniversary party tonight. They are inviting about 250 people from the community (and thier Vancouver office). I am not good in large crowds of people I don't know...especially drunk people (they are always drunk at work parties). I am not very good at small talk, so I don't let Rob leave my side! I also don't know what to wear. The theme of the party is "funky". Well, anyone who knows me knows I am far from funky!!
A good part though is they are putting all thier employees up in a hotel tonight. Mainly because they will all be drinking. I love staying in hotels...especially when someone else is paying!!

If you could say a quick prayer tomorrow. I have an interview for another child in my daycare. I lost one of my kids (not literally...her parents feel she can stay home alone now because she is 11) so I have a spot to fill. I am not desperate to fill it...we could survive without it but it would really help out if I could fill the spot.

Anyway...have a great weekend.
Melissa

1 comment:

Christina said...

I think you're funky! The other people are just...way out.

We'll have a good time, in spite of everything!

Christina