Wednesday, May 24, 2006

cable out

So a tradition in our house this time of year is for the 4 of us to sit down on a Tuesday night and watch American Idol together. We were all set to do this last night. At about 7:45 the cable went out. Our whole complex was out. It came back on at 8:55. Emily was not impressed. She is the biggest fan of the show. Noah just likes that he gets to stay up until 9:00 pm!! Anyway...we called Nana and Grandad and they taped it for us...but I still missed watching it with the kids last night. We have some good talks and even just be silly all together. We like to be the judges and say how we think that they did. We always disagree on who we like. Rob likes Taylor this year...he has from the start. Noah was a Kelly Pickler fan and Emily was an Ace Young fan. Myself...I liked Chris Daughtry.

After the kids went to bed, Rob and I watched Ladder 49. We had never seen it. I really liked it but I found the ending very depressing.

We are going to try and watch more movies this summer now that all our shows are ending. Can you reccommend some that you like?
Melissa

2 comments:

Christina said...

Funny timing. I think it was sabotage! Some anti-American Idol fanatic at the power station!

We also enjoyed Ladder 49; well done.

I would be happy to recommend some movies, but you may not be happy to watch the ones we enjoy! :)

Starting with the Lord of the Rings...

Melissa said...

I am NOT watching that...I watched teh first and that was enough for me