Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Music Camp

The kids had beginners band last night. They are doing really well. Emily has a really nice sound and Noah is trying!! He is younger then her and just doesn't want to put in the effort like she does. Emily will be going to Music camp for the first time this summer and I am a little nervous about it. I remember music camp and some of the things we used to get away with!! But not even that...as a mom I worry that she will not brush her teeth or take a shower. I know I know...silly!! I also know that alot of lifelong friendships were made at Music camp. They were great times as a teen and younger. I know it will be great for her. It is killing Rob that she wants to take vocal though. She loves to sing and doesn't feel as confident in her playing as her singing. WIth Rob being such a brass band guy...he doesn't understand the vocal side of camp. Honestly, I always took instrumental too but she is determined to sing!!
What are your favorite music camp memories? Sue...alot of my memories have Nick in them I must admit!!

4 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

I love music camp! I only stopped going after I had Darcy and just yesterday I was invited to go back again this year. I haven't decided on that one yet.

It's funny that we each were at camp with the other person's husband. Kind of funny.

Here's my favourite camp memory...
At my first year of music camp I was placed in level 2 theory, because my dad had taught me a few symbols before camp started. However, I didn't understand a thing that was said the whole week in theory class. It was awful. When the test time came, I sat there and looked at the paper and it didn't even seem to be in English to me. I was only 7 and I started to cry. My Uncle Dale was on the faculty and saw me there and he came over, picked me up and gave me a big hug. He held me and carried me out of the lodge and I didn't have to do my test. My Uncle Dale is now very ill and has been confined to a wheel chair for a few years now. It amazes me to think of that story and think of him being strong enough to pick me up and carry me like that.

I also liked when I was the chief counselor a few years ago and I made one of the toughest kids in camp cry because he got caught lying to me about flushing a frog down the toilet!

nickt said...

Yes, I'm sure that I share those memories with you Mélasse. But we're not going to go there, are we? ;)

Melissa said...

No Nick...I don't think we should!
Mel

nickt said...

Good call. :)