Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lent

So...my good friend Jodie sent out an e-mail yesterday saying that she was going to give up chocolate for Lent. She asked for our support as she did this and if any others would like to give up something for Lent too. Well...the girls have all gotten behind Jodie and a good number of us have all given up something. A lot of chocolate, sweets, regular pop, coffee...one girl has even given up all eating out for 6 weeks (she is single and eats out quite often). I have given up chocolate and chips...I LOVE chips...especially Ketchup Pringles (they are great).
At the end of the 6 weeks we are to donate the money we would have spent on these items to the youth of our corps...very exciting. We have just hired a youth pastor to our church so I am sure he is excited about what we are giving up!
Anyway....6 weeks is a long time...but I know we can all do it!!!!
Good luck girls

2 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

I think this is so cool! I haven't yet settled on anything to give up for Lent. I'm still thinking about it.

Who did you hire as your youth director?

Melissa said...

his name is Ryan Gideon. He is from Kingston I think...but him and his wife and baby dtr. have been worshipping woth us for over a year now.