Sunday, July 23, 2006

Memories

We got up early this morning and drove up to Lac L'achigan in Quebec. This was our divisional camp when I was growing up. I went to Music camp and Sunday School camp here and I worked there for 3 summers. I have a lot of good memories of this place. It was great to be able to see it again. I think the last time I was there was 13 years ago when Rob and I were dating. The first thing I noticed was how small it was. I used to think that the walk from the cabins to the dining hall was a long walk...it really isn't. I guess things feel bigger when you are smaller!!
The other great part of the day was seeing Sue and Nick Titcombe (and thier little girl, Darcy...who is adorable). It has been a really long time since we saw them. I went to camp with Nick when I was yonger and Rob went to camp with Sue...weird eh? It was great catching up with them and seeing thier daughter. We spent a lot of time at the beach. Rob decided to bury the kids in the sand. That is Darcy sitting on Emily in the first 2 pictures.




3 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

We had a great time too! It was wonderful to see you guys again and to finally meet your wonderful children. Darcy was asking for Emily for a couple of days after that.

We'll have to do it again before the next 12 years go by!

Melissa said...

Emily talked about how cute Darcy was to everyone she sawfor the next few days. She really is adorable and we had fun meeting ehr. It was great to catch up!!
We definatley cannot let 12 years go by again!!
Melissa

Christina said...

I am SO jelous that you went to L'Achigan!!!! I have SO many amazing memories from there!!!

I hope you had a great day!

Christina