Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Camping

We went camping over the long weekend and had a great time. We arrived on Saturday moring...we were both too tired to go and set up Friday night. The kids enjoyed a great sunny day going swimming and playing. Saturday evening was good up until the rain started. It started drizzling around 9:00 pm. Then the storm hit...HARD!! It is different being in a storm in a tent rather then your house. You feel like the lightning could hit you at any moment. If that wasn't bad enough, Rob started to get dripped on...so did Noah (Noah slept through the whole thing). I was pretty close to packing the kids into the van and driving home!! Rob convinced me to stay...but I was pretty grumpy about it. We tried to go to sleep when we heard something coming from the tent beside us. I won't go into to much detail...let's just say there were 2 couples in there and they were "having a good time"!!!!!. Finally ALL the noise stopped including the rain and we got some sleep.
Sunday and Monday were perfect weather wise. The kids spent most of thier time in the water. Both of them got burnt on thier faces (they hate swimming with sunscreen on thier face because it goes in thier eyes) but they had lots of fun.
Saturday night was no better for sleep but we were dry. The same people beside us decided to have a fire and talk until all hours of the night. The last time I looked at my watch it was 2:30 am and they were still going strong. They were not using very nice language and Emily woke up at one point. I think she went back to sleep so I hope she didn't hear too much. One of the guys who had had been drinking decided to leave and go home...the girl tried to tell him to stay but he left anyway. I had visions of him driving right through my tent!!

Anyway...a good weekend was had by all. Camping is not my favorite thing to do but I did have fun. Rob and the kids love it so I try to as well!!
I hope you had a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Christina said...

ha ha...sounds like an eventful weekend! I hope you had the chance to relax anyway!

I missed you! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! :)