Monday, November 06, 2006

Very Sad

I find this time of year slightly depressing. I cleaned out my garden recently to get it ready for winter. I cut down all the plants that will regrow next year and threw out all the ones that won't. I took all the plant stands and decorations and put them all in the shed. I took down the decorative fence and threw it out ( I want stones put in next year). It looks...yucky in the front of my house. Those that know me, know that I love to garden and love my plants. I still have 16 plants in the house...I know, a little extreme...but they keep me happy until spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like plants too...anytime you need to trim some and wanna create pieces, trice would love to live in a jungle:D

Christina said...

Hey, you'd be proud of me. We filled our garden with leaf *mulch* so that my roses grow again next year. I also have that little ornamental tree, which I love, and I hope it 'blooms' again next year. My geraniums and ... whatever those other things are called ... are goners, though. The frost finally got them. Very sad.

My mom and kids raked our lawn after school yesterday as a surprise for me. They hid in the huge pile and jumped out at me when I got home! (my kids...not my mom...)

...I still just have the one plant from Janice inside. I'll be brave soon and get a couple more?!?

Could my brown thumb be turning green? I don't know. I do know that I'm starting to like plants. I just hope that they like me!