Wednesday, April 04, 2007

STRESS

So as if my life is not busy and stressful enough, I did not have a good night last night. I went to take out money to go to Dollorama (they will still not accept debit) and the bank said I had no money left...weird because I know my bank account down to the penny...so Iknow there was money there. Called Rob and he checked the account online. He suggested gong over to the bank because it looked like there was a with drawl that was not either of us. Well...got to the bank and it turns out that someone had taken $500 out of my account. She gave me the number to the Fraud people. Rob called when I got home. they said someone in Montreal took the money out but because of the investigation they could not tell us where they copied Rob's card. So we both had to get new debit cards. It will take about 3-5 business days to get our money back but we will get it back..thank goodness!!!
SO...be very careful with your debit cards. It is a huge Fraud scam going on right now. Never let it out of your sight at a store and never let them scan it twice. If it did not go through the first time ask them to cancel the order and start over. We are going back to a cash budget and using out cards as little a possible.
It is scary when you know people had access to out information ...and our money!!!!

1 comment:

Sue Matthews said...

That sucks! It's such a violation, isn't it? The same thing happened to our friends. He's pretty sure his card was compromised at a little gas station he would stop at on the way to work. Just like you $500 disappeared out of their account. It took a few weeks to get it back.

Not cool.