Monday, April 03, 2006

Update

I just realized while reading some of my past blogs that I forgot to update you on our decision to move to Toronto.
We have decided to stay here in Ottawa. There are many reasons but bottom line was it was not a good decision financially for our family. Rob's income was going to drop by $20,000 and I was going to lose my income totally (not knowing what I will find in Toronto right away). Plus the cost of living was that much more there. It would have been too hard to pay the bills. It was a tough choice for us...many sleepless nights!! But we feel that this is where we are supposed to be right now. Rob is ok staying in the job he has right now. They gave him a substantial raise when they found out he was looking elsewhere. They also gave him another weeks holidays and told him he has the chance to make management by the fall. So they are taking good care of him.
We are going to stay in the house where we are for awhile too and do some more renovations.
So...that is an update on the Gaus family!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sooooooo happy you're stayin'!


Thanks for your friendship!!!

Christina