Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Glad to be home

We had a very fun but busy Easter weekend at Rob's sister's house.
The weekend started on Thursday night with Rob and Noah going to the Senators vs. Panthers hockey game. Noah is a big Gary Roberts fan (thanks Steve!!) Not only did the Panthers win in overtime but Steve pulled some strings and got the boys into a room after where they got to meet Gary. Noah was in awe. After that they went outside and they got to meet some Senators...Patrick Eaves, Peter Schaefer, Antoine Vermette,and Anton Volchenkov. I was very jealous!!! They all signed Rob's hat and he gave it to me! Thanks Babe!

Friday we left for Toronto. We stopped at my brother Ian and lauren's house for a visit. We had never seen their apartment so it was nice to see where they are living. After a nice lunch out and some Easter presents...thanks mom and dad, we continued on to Listowel (after an quick stop in Guelph to drop off Lauren).

Saturday started great with a nice pedicure thanks to my mother in law. We had to get Kathy (rob's sister) out of the house so they could set up for her surprise party. She turns 40 next month but we had her party this weekend. They party went well and she was surprised!

Sunday we went to the church where Rob grew up. I had gone there for about a year as well so it was nice to catch up with a few people. The kids had an Easter egg hunt in the afternoon which they enjoyed. The highlight for my kids was the trampline they have in the backyard. Although Emily played a little too hard and put out her back. She was and still is in a lot of pain.

Rob and Noah both got nasty colds while we were there...and I am allergic to cats and dogs...they have both. So I spent the weekend sneezing!!

But...it was good to see family. I must admit that I really enjoyed my own bed last night!!
Mel

3 comments:

Qurios said...

Correction: Rob's hat was the hat I gave you, and now I think I want it back. May be worth something now.

~2q

Melissa said...

TOO BAD!!!!!!
You can't have it!
Indian giver!
Mel

Qurios said...

Now, I'm not sure but I don't think that 'Indian Giver' is very politicially correct, and since I have 1/54th part Beothuk I take offence to it. But since you said it, yes I am an Native American, Aboriginal Peoples, Giver.

~2q