Thursday, February 23, 2006

Rough Day

For those of you that still don't know about our "big decision"... Rob might get an offer for the York Regional Police. So we have to decide if we want to take the offer and move to Newmarket or somewhere in that area. I had a really bad day thinking about it yesturday. Maybe I am being selfish...not sure. It just seems really overwhelming to me what the next 6 months could bring if he takes the job. For starters I would be here alone for 4 months while he is in police college. With a 10 year old ( think grade 5 math homework and hormones) and a 7 year old who worships his father, it will be a long 4 months without Rob. Plus I would have to handle selling the house and packing everyone up to meet Rob there in August. Plus I would need to find a place to live and schools for the kids to register in. Maybe It is just me but that really overwhelms me.
I would also have to give up my job...now, for those that know me well, I would love to quit my job. I really have had enough of daycare. I love the kids that are here but it has been 7 years of raising other peoples children. But...I make good money. It will be a financial strain for us to lose my job and his job go down in pay at first and still pay the smae bills. This scares me to death...the unknown. Who knows what job I can get or when I will get it??
Anyway...enough complaining. Please keep Rob and I in your prayers. We need them. This is casuing some stress on our relationship and I hate that!!
Thanks
Melissa

1 comment:

Christina said...

Melissa:

I will talk details in person about this, but know that we continue to pray for you.

God will always give you the strength that you need to hold you up when you are in a situation that He has placed you in. But discerning that from a door that He has closed to you is the important part.

You will find the right answer for your family when you continue to seek God out and stay tuned into Him in earnest.

No matter what you discover is right, we will always be your friends.

Love,
Christina