Sunday, January 14, 2007

33

So...it is my 33 birthday today. I feel OLD!!
We had a great weekend. We had Glenn and Dana and the kids over for supper on Friday and we had a great time. It is nice to visit with good friends over a good meal!
On Saturday, we slept in and had a bit of a lazy morning. We went over to my parents around lunch...my Aunt Dorothy, Uncle Al and my cousin Stephanie were in town. We all decided to go shopping while Rob stayed home to bake me a birthday cake and to watch the Sens game...which we won 8-3 over Montreal (GO SENS GO). He did a great job with my cake. He made a "3" mold out of cardboard and then put wax paper inside it./ He then baked the cake inside the mold. When he was done he had make a "33" cake. I was very impressed. I will post a picture when I can. We had fun celebrating my birthday on Saturday.
Sunday was a busy day. I don' think that I mentioned on here but Rob in now the Senior bandmaster at Woodroffe Community Church...(our church). His first Sunday was last week. Well...because he is now in charge he has pressured me back into playing in the band. Yesterday was my first time playing in church in 5 years. Man I was nervous. I think I did ok though. Rob said he didn't hear any horrible notes.
Mom and Dad took us to a great brunch after church. Very yummy.
We had more cake and more fun after dinner and then it was home to get the kids ready for bed.
It was a good weekend for an old girl like me!!

CORRECTION: I wrote this post and saved it on Sunday January 14th but posted it on the 15th. My birthday is really on January 15th...not the 14th.

3 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

Happy birthday! Having already hit 34, I'm not feeling all that badly for you being an "old girl" at 33. You're a spring chicken!

How great that Rob is the bandmaster now and that's he's got you back in the band. Nick is our bandmaster right now, but he hasn't got me back in the band yet, although I did help out with some of the Christmas stuff.

Sounds like a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Dad

2qurios said...

Happy Birthday!

...trying hard to think of something sarcastically funny, but nothing is coming. I guess you can say it's your birthday gift from me.

BTW, Rob should go into the cake business. The cake was awesome.

~2q