Wednesday, September 12, 2007

getting older

I let Noah and one of the daycare children walk to school on their own today. I was kind of sad to realize the he is old enough to go to school without me. (sigh)

I was very proud of Emily last night. Rob had to work late and he is usually the one that helps with math homework. She said she needed help and had a bit of a meltdown. I had her sit with me and read over what she had to do. Whenever she had a question I pointed to where she could find the answer. She ended up doing all the work on her own and she got it right!! Good job Emily!!

Noah came home yesterday and pretty much told us the whole lesson the teacher taught in social studies. They are studying rocks and minerals. He LOVED it. He collected rocks at recess and talked all through dinner about his collection and what he had learnt today. Good job on the teachers part...he got their attention and they listened!!
Noah now wants a book to help hm study what kind of rocks he has found! Guess we are making a trip to chapters soon!

No comments: